Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, Same Ole Me!



My BFF had a New Year's Vision Board Party the other day....that's basically when you get a few friends together, eat, fellowship, and create a visionary board that represents your goals for the year.

This year I wanted to keep my goals short and meaningful, to avoid the mid-year annoyance of intermission, I kept my vision for 2011 down to 3 principles:

1. Follow your instincts
2. Finish what you start
3. Let it go....

#1 relates to my mind, in regards to saying what i honestly about things, the choice to stop volunteering unnecessary information to people, and the freedom to make my life's decisions based on what i feel is right....listening to your instincts or as some say listen to the voice of God. This also includes the freedom of spontaneity when it comes to new adventures, experiences, and challenges comin my way!!! Who knows, maybe I'll go skydiving...though I doubt my instincts would agree, lol

#2 Is the value i have the most trouble with....completing what I start. Just finish it!!! Finish the half washed dishes, finish projects...like my undergrad college scrapbook, organize bill and misc piles, get back on my workout routine...etc etc etc. I have a serious passion growing a name for myself in the Natural World which includes my website, it's my baby that needs some nurturing. I would love to finally get a passport and become a citizen of the world. The most important aspect my search for self discovery is a compelling career...something where i can help people, create things, love what i do, and get paid vast sums of money!!!!! well.....I'd go for a medium salary. Not hard to please, but hard to decide.....I don't want to keep making the same mistakes....

#3 My last basic principle is Letting it go! What is 'it' you ask? It's everything that hinders me emotionally; past break ups, self esteem issues, fears, family drama, just all of it! All the crap, the baggage, the tears, the negativity, the procrastination, the devil, the enemy, false and unrealistic expectations of myself and others...LET IT GO

I'd like to hear some resolutions, goals, or visions for 2001. Please drop me a line....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive