Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nails Nails Nails!!!




I've never been the kinda girl that has to get my nails done every two weeks. Hell, I work so hard and much with my hands I never paid them any attention. The last time I had my nails done was......hmmmmmm....College Graduation! I was more into pedicures because I favored the look of my toes in hot peep toe pumps and sandals, more than my finger nails. Recently, I've developed a desire to try get matching mani pedi sets...Great experience, but can become costly, especially if you're a fan of acrylic or gel nails. I would accompany my line sister, Sher, to the Nail Shop and all of a sudden I felt like a little girl getting her first mani. Maybe because it makes a woman feel feminine, pretty, and expressive of their own personality....

I wasn't ready for the full commitment of falsies and acrylic (such a pain to remove and keep up with). So I started getting manicures with accompanying colors to match my moods. However manicures and polish changes don't last nearly as long as a full set of gel nails. Two days after I'd find my polish chipping and I'd be a little disappointed. I decided to take a break from my costly regimen and try doing my own regularly, which gives me the freedom to change whenever I like. I wanted something a little more funky than the traditional colors so I tried Sally Hansen's nail products. Outcome:



And on another day:


This leopard peel on polish comes in a set of 20 (which could fit on your toes as well) with handy, quick, and easy instructions....Just make sure you keep them room temp. One day it got a little hot in my room and when I tried to use it, it wouldnt stick to my nails as good as when I first purchased it. If this happens to you, just apply polish to your nails right before applying the nail decal....

I get so many compliments, people think I went to a nail shop and requested this design! Nope..just another creative bargain

1 comment:

  1. Girl, when I tried this I just couldn't get them to lay down correctly! HELP ME! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive